Charlie Hebdo: Pope Francis says if you swear at my mother – or Islam – ‘expect a punch’
So let me get this right, here we have the pontiff of the catholic church saying that he would punch someone who insulted his mother, drawing a parallel no doubt with Charlie Hebdo magazine insulting islam via their cartoons. Implicit in this is his support for the murder of the cartoonists by muslim nutters because they had so called “insulted” mohammed. Perhaps the pontiff would like to comment on mohammeds marriage to a 6-year-old girl and consummation of that marriage when she was 9 if he is going to take the moral high ground. And if I remember correctly the pontiff is the head of a church with a pretty dodgy record:-
- Misogynistic and highly discriminatory against women
- Brainwashes young children with tales of hell and damnation
- Decades of covering up child abuse by catholic priests
- Condemnation and discrimination against “gays”
- Bans any artificial contraception (this would mean empowering women to allow it)
- Refused to allow the use of condoms to fight AIDS in Africa
- Did a very good job of conniving with the Nazis before, during and AFTER WW2
So, the next time the pontiff wants to start lecturing the rest of us about tolerance, forgiveness and turn the other cheek he should perhaps look at his own behaviour, the behavious of his church, and the potential implications of such behaviour.
Physician, heal thyself!